|Aerospace Program Manager
Position Location: Business & Technology
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach program courses;
- Assist in identifying and scheduling adjunct faculty;
- Help to orient and mentor new faculty
- Work with department faculty to develop semester schedule of course offerings and individual faculty schedules;
- Coordinate textbook adoptions for department courses;
- Review and approve syllabi for program courses;
- Work with department faculty to provide accurate and timely student attendance information to Student Affairs
- Coordinate and participate in advising
- Conduct classroom observations of adjunct faculty in the department;
- Participate in Admissions & Recruitment activities
- Work with College advisors to prepare and maintain accurate graduation audits for students in department programs;
- Evaluate student transcripts as requested.
- Provide ongoing leadership in the program to establish and maintain excellence
- Work with department faculty to develop, revise, and assess course and program learning outcomes;
- Work with College and industry to identify lab facility and equipment needs. Work with College departments to establish appropriate labs for student instruction;
- Maintain ongoing plan for lab maintenance and improvement in collaboration with appropriate College departments and staff;
- Coordinate program assessment and reporting with Institutional Effectiveness and program faculty and use that information in program planning.
- Assist in identifying and providing appropriate professional development activities for faculty;
- Assist in developing grant proposals to support department programs;
- Provide information for and help to prepare reports and accreditation materials required by governing or accrediting agencies;
- Participate in the development, dissemination and implementation of Nunez, LCTCS and BOR policies, regulations and procedures;
- Develop and Maintain strong industry relationships to create Advisory Board to ensure academic courses are relevant to jobs in the Aerospace field and ensure the employability of Aerospace students. Conduct periodic meetings of the Aerospace Advisory Board to assure continuing relevancy of coursework to industry needs.
- Coordinate with Workforce Development Director to facilitate effective partnerships between the College and industry
- Collaborate with other academic departments, the Library, Student Affairs and other College areas;
- Assist the Interim Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs with other academic responsibilities as needed.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Interim Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Applied Engineering or a related field; 3-5 years’ experience in the Aerospace industry with direct experience in manufacturing and/or quality control. Prefer leadership experience or experience in training or education. Able to work independently, meet deadlines, refine curriculum, and support lab setup in partnership with purchasing and following State of Louisiana guidelines.
TO APPLY: Submit Cover Letter, Resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts (Official transcripts will be required of the selected candidate)
By mail: Human Resources
Nunez Community College
3710 Paris Road
Chalmette, LA 70043
By email (preferred, put Aerospace Program Manager in the Subject Line): firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: 504-278-6489
Pursuant to LCTCS Policy, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check.